Workplaces are not immune to accidents caused by slips and trips. The risk may seem small, but even a simple slip and fall can lead to debilitating injuries that can prevent you from making a living. It is your employer’s duty to ensure that employees can work in an environment that is free of such incidents. Competent workplace accident lawyers can help you get compensation if you get injured because of your employer’s neglect.
Main Causes Of Slips, Trips And Falls In The Workplace
Some of the main causes of slips, falls and trips in the workplace include the following:
- Trailing cables.
- Changes in levels.
- Uneven floors.
- Broken tiles.
- Wet or slippery floors.
- Poor lighting.
- Unsuitable floor coverings.
How Employers Can Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls in the Workplace
Slip and fall accidents are usually the result of unexpected changes or neglect on the part of the employer. Here are some ways they can be prevented:
Good and Regular Housekeeping
Good housekeeping can prevent falls due to slips and trips. This includes the following:
- Making sure that wet area are marked with signs.
- Spills are cleaned immediately.
- Debris is swept from the floor as soon as it accumulates.
- Used light bulbs and faulty switches are replaced immediately.
- All drawers and file cabinets are closed.
- Cables are covered to prevent slips.
- Carpets, rugs, mats and other tripping hazards are taped down and secured.
If you have been injured in the workplace because of poor housekeeping, you can claim compensation for your injuries. You need work lawyers for work accident if your employer or the insurance company denies your claim. Many of our clients have suffered a range of injuries following slips and falls from minor bruising to deep muscle trauma so we know exactly what you are facing. Why should you suffer because of your employer’s negligence? Get in touch with us for a consultation today and see how we can help!